Friday, September 5, 2008

Seriously. Obama would be a disaster.

Hello, everyone. I have returned, smellier and slightly more sunburnt than when I left. I had a great time and I got some great pics and video which I will share later. Did some hiking, saw some cool stuff, like more deer than squirrels, and drove a lot.

When on the road today and Tuesday, I tried to keep up a little with the Republican Convention. Haven't heard all of Palin's speech, but what I did hear, and the reactions, sounded great. I managed to catch McCain's speech tonight live. Decent, which is about all we expected anyway. The only really exciting parts were the interruptions by protesters.

I saw Obama's speech. There were no interruptions by protesters. And here I though we conservatives were the rude, mean ones. But anyway, it reminded me of something Rush Limbaugh said. Basically, he said conservatives don't protest. Why? We have jobs.

Now, I did manage to think of some examples of conservatives protesting. About all we protest is abortion. But think about it: who do you see out protesting? It's the women, children, and elderly. The men are at work. That's the way conservatives are supposed to be.

But back to tonight's protesters. The first guy had a sign that read, "YOU CAN'T WIN AN OCCUPATION." It got me thinking. In a way, it's correct, but not in the way he probably intended it. You can't win an occupation because the fact that you have an occupation in another country usually means that you already won. That's why you're occupying. It's like saying, "YOU CAN'T WIN A VICTORY LAP."

Just some thoughts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out my new blog man. I think you'd dig the concept and gimme some stuff to look up and do. I'd love to do one on Metal and you'd be a great resource for that.

Andy said...

Are you implying that women, children and the elderly are not allowed to work?

Tommy said...

That was sarcasm.

Andy said...

As was that

Tommy said...

Then yes.

Andy said...

How dare you!

Andy said...

Pearl of Wisdom: "If you're worried about your 401K and retirement account, vote Obama. He says he'll fix it. What? You mean that doesn't inspire confidence?"