Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stuff. But some things, as well!

A lot has been going on lately. I was laid off on March 31. Swank pulled out of the hotel, and basically gave up on the Cincinnati market altogether. I still have yet to find employment, but I have a couple freelance gigs lined up, one of which being with Swank, my former employer. They may be able to hire me back, but the closest location would be Columbus, and potentially anywhere in the country. And the earliest would be sometime in the summer. So, finding a job here would be sweet, cos I need the money in the meantime, and I'd like to not have to move.

But, there is some very awesome news to report, as well. Steph and I went to the doctor today for THE ultrasound. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

It's a girl!

And a very healthy, well-developed, everything-in-the-right-place-and-the-right-size girl, at that. We're quite excited. Partially, because we had some good girl names in mind, but were having real trouble with boy names. So this buys us some time for that.

But, we still haven't settled on a girl name. So, much like Shannon, (but not in a copying her kind of way - ok, maybe a bit) we are opening it up to you, my faithful-ish readers, to suggest some names. Have fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Denise! :)

Oh, and if you're looking of places to move to, I'm sure there are lots of great places to work near LA. PLUS, you'd always have two reliable babysitters nearby. ;)

~Mindy

Andy said...

I will continue to lobby for Barnes' "Punch-ass"

Unknown said...

Erica is a pretty cool name.