Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Enjoy the Unknown

Good news. I gots a new job.

Not only that, it's one in my field.

I accepted a Technician position with Swank Audio Visuals. And I promise that they're quite reputable. They do in-house a/v services for hotels. I'll be working at the Sheriton up in Sharonville. I start Mon. the 28th.

But not before I go through training the 21-25th.....in St. Louis!!! (Can you say ribs?)

So I am excited. Here I am almost 2 years out of college, and I'm about to start a career. It's quite an interesting feeling. It's one of the few long-term things I've ever undertaken. Other than marriage, most things in my life, like other jobs and college, were only things for a few years, if that. Growing up is weird. I'm still figuring it out.

And now I will continue what seems to have been made a tradition: the drinking of a double bock in celebration of a new job. I had the Samuel Adams version when I found out about my present job. But tonight, it's the Christian Moerlein Emancipator Doppel Bock. It was brewed to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the repealing of prohibition (which was yesterday to be exact). And it's a bit of an emancipation for myself. Whereas that was freedom from lack of beer (legally anyway), I have freedom from the lack of a good job. How deliciously appropriate.

Cheers!

And Amen.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Congrats with the job. Beware of tiny glass bits in Sam Adams. I forget the # that was being recalled but it was for all brands. So if you taste blood mixed with your beer and some crunchiness that's why.

Tommy said...

Yeah, I saw that, too. I think the number was N35. But I checked my bottles. They're fine.

Anonymous said...

So, you got you a swank new job, huh?

Congrats!

snugglesincincy said...

Congrats Tommy!