Friday, November 21, 2008

Maybe I am a machine.

Oh, the busyness.

Last weekend, I went out to DC with Steph and my parents to visit my brother, Andy, who works for the RNC. Good times. Went to the National Archives and saw the Constitution. I looked and looked, but didn't find where it said that the President should create jobs or be responsible for the economy, and certainly nothing about spreading any wealth. But it still says we can have guns, and doesn't say anything about them just being for hunting. More people should read it, I think.

Also got a West Wing tour of the White House. That's right. The West wing. Not everybody gets that tour. But Andy has connections. I got to see the freaking Oval Office. And photos of Bush with a chain saw.

Then, in what was a terrific bit of coincidence (if you believe in that sort of thing), Swank had me work at one of their hotels in Bethesda, MD for the week. Big event where they needed extra camera operators. Some kind of conference about fire safety/analysis/prevention/awareness stuff for nuclear power plants. Not nearly as interesting as it sounds.

Just got back this afternoon, then went to work at my hotel here for a couple hours, then straight to Rohs Street Cafe to run sound, where I am now.

Tomorrow, I go back to work at about 6am, then hopefully out of there by 8am to head to Columbus. Some big game, or something, going on there tomorrow...

Then I have to be back to work at 5:30, so I'll have to leave the game early. But, fortunately, this one should be over quickly.

I'm gonna get some sleep one of these days.

6 comments:

Jenny N said...

oh Andy, he's so important.
By the way, Hannah had a baby.

Andy said...

I'm very important!

Tommy said...

Sweet! Send her my congratulations.

He has dimples of importance.

Anonymous said...

i feel ya on the whole lack of sleep thing, man.

Serenity said...

i read the first paragraph aloud to dan. we both found it highly entertaining.

Andy said...

UPDATE!!!