Monday, January 19, 2009

I have made beer!

As you may or may not know, I received a home brewing kit for Christmas from the wife, her sisters and their husbands. And a little over a month ago, I brewed my very first batch, an IPA. Very exciting times.

Yesterday was the day that it was finally ready. I was nervous about how it would turn out. I knew the whole process and, therefore, knew how many things could possibly go wrong. I tried to take care to do everything right, but there were a few times when I just wasn't sure.

But my fears were alleviated yesterday. I cracked open some bottles for myself and some guests, and it was delicious. Not as good as it could have possibly been, but very good for my first attempt. I am pleased. So if you didn't get any yesterday, or want more, come on over. There's plenty.

Now, I have the task of coming up with a name. On her blog, Shannon asked her readers to come up with fun names for her kid. I like the idea, but I am not yet in the market for needing baby name suggestions. So, I am asking for beer name suggestions for my IPA. And possibly a name for the whole brewing operation.

Go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure about an actually name for it, but it should include "Mac"
~Bart

Anonymous said...

To answer your question from the previous blog: I dunno if you can mail alcoholic beverages. I'll check the post office. I think so because my parents have gotten wine in the mail before from relatives. I surely want to try some of "Tommy Stew's Gorbash Brew."

Unknown said...

"Bosley Str. Bierhaus"

Home of the famous

Tommy Hopfen

Jenny N said...

Definitely Sir Didymus something something.