Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A little bitta this...

Tomorrow, Stephanie and I will be closing on our new house.

!!!

If you haven't, check out the pics on Steph's Facebook page.

Back on a political note, why are people blaming Bush for a bad economy? Not to mention, why do people think that the economy's even bad in the first place? I guess people don't notice things like low unemployment (lower than under Clinton - who presided over a "good" economy), high home ownership, and the DOW breaking records almost on a regular basis.

Oh! And one more thing. People also railed Bush's tax cuts because he made them in the middle of a huge deficit, along with the usual "wealthiest 1%" BS. But, you know what happened? I bet you don't. TAX REVENUES INCREASED. Imagine that! Bush decided that leaving more money in the hands of the people meant that businesses could be more successful and people could earn more, meaning they can pay more in taxes, and everybody wins. Everyone puts him down for being stupid, but this shows that he is actually quite brilliant when it comes to economics. He can look past how things would appear to those who don't bother to really put thought into it and would make judgments, and can look far ahead to see the long term.

It's called Reaganomics, my friends. Bush gets it. Unfortunately, the Dems STILL want to get rid of Bush's make-everybody-happy tax cuts.

So while I'm not sure if I can promise that I'll always be a Republican, I can assure you that I will NEVER be a Democrat.

Obviously, no personal offense to my Democrat friends. I just disagree. It's like how most of you can probably promise that you will never be an Emperor fan.

While we're on that whole thing, I don't see how anyone can claim it moral/immoral to lean in any direction politically. It's not about morals. Essentially, it all comes down to what you want the government to be in charge of. People blame my ilk for not caring about certain problems. It's not that I don't want them solved, it's just that I don't trust the government to solve them. And some of you do. That's cool.

Sort of.

Hehe.

3 comments:

Jenny N said...

Tommy, as a not sure which party i like person, I can promise I will never like emporer.

Also, congrats on the house!!!!

Tommy said...

Thanks for the honesty.

Unknown said...

We live in probably the most apathetic age group when it comes to politics and because of that the government doesn't put us at the top of the priority list. Is the government failing us or are we failing them? Little of both. Decisions are made by those who show up.


The Bush Tax Cuts even relieved low income households from the income tax burden.