Friday, August 15, 2008

#15

In case you didn't already know, I am a huuuuuuuuge fan of Ohio State football. And college football in general. But especially the Buckeyes. So it would come as no surprise to you to know that I have been greatly anticipating their opening game coming up on August 30th at 12pm against Youngstown State (especially since I will be going to the game!). I am so excited that I have decided to post a video every day from now until then of various great plays in recent Buckeye history, in no particular order. Should be fun.

To start things off, I'm already doing things a little differently. Instead of just one great play, this is a video of an entire offensive drive.

The date is January 1st, 1997. If you're any kind of Buckeye fan, you know exactly what drive I am talking about. It's the Rose Bowl against Arizona State. The Bucks are down by 3 with 1:40 left in what has been an intense back-and-forth battle. Jake "The Snake" Plummer just ran an impressive touchdown run after being mostly contained all game. Now, the ball is in Germaine's capable hands for a last minute drive. All they need is to get into field goal range to tie it up. But let's see what happens...



Spectacular. So come back tomorrow (all one or two of you who probably care) and see some more amazingness. Seriously, I look back on some of this stuff and realize that I had no idea just how awesome it is. I was just used to Ohio State doing stuff like this all the time. But it's pretty awesome.

But speaking of the one or two who care, sorry about not updating the poll this week. Terribly busy. Hopefully there will be a new one next week.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Freakin' awesome!